Fall 2020: Visiting the Library
Please visit http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/status/ to view library occupancy – for your safety, we are limiting the number of students in the library.
We are here to help, virtually! Most library services remain online. See https://library.health.ufl.edu/services/covid-19/ for details.
- Masks will be required at all times, including in individual study rooms.
- UF affiliates will be expected to follow social distancing guidelines as recommended by the CDC. Library seating is spaced to support appropriate social distancing guidelines.
- No eating or drinking will be allowed in the Health Science Center Library, with the exception of drinking from water bottles.
- The entire space will be cleaned daily.
- To keep your study space clean, please bring needed cleaning supplies.
- HSC Security will be regularly patrolling the area for your safety.
- Individuals with symptoms should stay home and contact their medical provider.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the HSCL for your safety.
- The 1st floor will be open posted hours; hours may change based on exigent circumstances.
- UF affiliates will need to display their Gator 1 card to enter the 1st floor.
- Non-UF affiliates will not be allowed to enter without an appointment and prior screening. To request an appointment email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 2nd floor will only be open for students enrolled in Health Science Center colleges and residents/fellows in UF Health programs.
- The 2nd floor will be available posted hours; hours may change based on exigent circumstances.
- Learners will access the space using their Gator 1 cards. Gator 1 cards are needed to enter and exit the space.
- Individual study rooms may be reserved using the LibCal system: https://ufl.libcal.com/reserve/individualstudyHSCL
- Four individual study rooms are available for ProctorU/Honorlock testing.
2nd Floor Access Instructions
- You will need to have a Gator 1 card. Your Gator 1 Card is automatically activated when you register for classes.
- To enter the study space, you are required to swipe your Gator 1 card through the reader at the 2nd floor door. Failure to do so will set off the door alarm.
- To exit the floor, you are required to swipe your Gator 1 card through the reader at the 2nd floor door. Failure to do so will set off the door alarm.
- If the alarm sounds, you must swipe your Gator 1 card through the reader and push the door open to stop the alarm.
- Key card access ceases at closing time, and is not available until reopening. See our hours for details.
- For questions about accessing our 2nd floor study space, please contact the HSC Library at (email@example.com) or (352-273-8408).