24/7 access available.
Access to and use of the 2nd floor of the Health Science Center Library (HSCL) 24 hour quiet study space is a privilege extended to registered HSCL users who are UF students currently enrolled in any of the six Health Science Center colleges, UF Health/Shands Residents and Fellows. When the 2nd floor of library is closed, this study space is accessible by registered users only. All 2nd floor study rooms are available for use.
- Access to the 24 hour study area on the 2nd floor is restricted to currently enrolled students of the HSC Colleges, Residents and Fellows. If you have issue with access, please visit the Information Desk during regular hours.
- You will need to have a Gator 1 card. Your Gator 1 Card is automatically activated when you register for classes.
- To enter the study space, you are required to swipe your Gator 1 card through the reader at the 2nd floor door. Failure to do so will set off the door alarm.
- To exit the floor, you are required to swipe your Gator 1 card through the reader at the 2nd floor door. Failure to do so will set off the door alarm.
- If the alarm sounds, you must swipe your Gator 1 card through the reader and push the door open to stop the alarm.
- Only currently enrolled HSC College students at the University of Florida may access the 24 hour study space. Allowing other library patrons access to the space is considered a violation of this policy and will be grounds for termination of access privileges.
- Occupants may be asked to show their Gator 1 card to security personnel patrolling the premises.
- The space is available for use 24 hours per day; except during closures for holidays, semester breaks, and other situations as deemed necessary by HSCL administration. 24/7 is available when the 2nd floor doors are locked.
- During the hours that the HSCL is being prepared for closing (30-45 minutes prior to closing), occupants will be escorted to the second floor. Those without 24/7 access must leave the library.
- During the time that the HSCL is being prepared to open for daily use (30-45 minutes prior to opening), it may be noisier than usual.
- The space is for quiet study use only. No scheduled meetings, events, or other functions may be held.
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended in the Library at any time; the Library is not responsible for patrons’ personal belongings.
- Registered users are expected to respect the library staff and space, and maintain appropriate professional behavior throughout the time they are in the library.
- Failure to follow these policies may result in temporary or permanent loss of access to the HSC Library 24 hour quiet study space.