The Health Science Center Libraries’ (HSCL) Code of Conduct applies to all students, staff, faculty, and visitors using our physical and online spaces and services.
The HSCL seeks to provide a safe, inclusive, and supportive environment that fosters mutual respect for all people. In order to maintain a positive and welcoming learning environment, we expect everyone using the HSCL’s spaces and services to:
- Be respectful of diverse viewpoints and experiences
- Use welcoming and inclusive language
- Recognize that intention does not equal impact
- Remember that exclusionary jokes, language, and imagery, and unwelcome physical contact are never appropriate
- Note that the library is a shared community space, respectful of all
It is the responsibility of everyone to ensure that the library is a harassment-free environment, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, political beliefs, language, culture, nationality, citizenship, body size, age, ability status, or religion.
If you observe violations of this code, please talk to an HSCL employee or fill out this online form: https://library.health.ufl.edu/about-us/comments-suggestions/. If there is a more serious violation or threat to personal safety, first find a safe space or HSCL employee; the non-emergency phone number for UFPD is 352-392-1111. For emergencies, call 9-1-1.
Responses to Infractions
- Verbal reminder for the first instance
- Asked for UFID for the second instance
- Required to leave the library or virtual meeting on the third instance