ProctorU testing rooms
Thanks to a collaboration between UF Academic Technology and the Health Science Center Libraries, ProctorU testing rooms are now available in the Health Science Center Library for students seeking a space to take online ProctorU exams at https://ufl.libcal.com/reserve/individualstudyHSCL.
Location + Equipment + Features
- There are four ProctorU testing rooms located on the 2nd floor of the Library, C2-36, C2-37, C2-39 and C2-40.
- Each room has a computer workstation on the UF network, a webcam with a cord long enough to remove the webcam from the monitor and show the proctor the room, and a door that closes for testing privacy.
- If your test requires headphones or a headset, you must bring your own or you can check one out at the Information Desk on the 1st floor of the library.
- Please note: although the rooms are located in a semi-quiet area of the 2nd floor, they are not soundproof -bring your own earplugs if you find ambient noise distracting.
- Currently enrolled UF students may reserve a room up to two weeks in advance using the LibCAL reservation system: https://ufl.libcal.com/reserve/individualstudyHSCL
- If assistance is needed making a reservation, please contact the Health Science Center Library Circulation Department: 352-273-8408.
How to check out a ProctorU Testing room
In order to check out a ProctorU Testing Room, you are required to bring:
- ProctorU confirmation email or text.
- LibCAL room reservation confirmation email or text.
Reserve a proctored testing room
- Reserve a ProctorU Testing Room for tests that are one, two or three hours long by using the LibCAL online reservation system: https://ufl.libcal.com/reserve/individualstudyHSCL .
- It is important for you to be mindful of both preparation time and test length when determining the proper length of your booking. Please allow for an extra 30 minutes for connecting to ProctorU and setting up your online exam. For example, if your test is 2 hours long, you should reserve a 2.5 hour block of time.
- Very Important Reminder: save your LibCAL room confirmation email – you will need to show both your LibCAL & ProctorU confirmations when you pick up the room key.
Day of your exam – checking out the room
- At the time of your reservation, go to the Library Information Desk on the 1st floor of the library, show the staff person your LibCAL reservation confirmation AND your ProctorU confirmation email, and check out a key to the room.
- When you login to the computer, plan on spending approximately 20-30 minutes connecting to ProctorU and setting up your online exam with proctor supervision (see above advice to book an additional 30 minutes).
- When done with your test, logoff the computer, gather ALL belongings, close the door and return the key to a staff member at the Circulation Desk as soon as possible so you are not charged a “late return” fine.
How to Begin Your Test
- Navigate to https://proctoru.com/testitout/
- Fill in the required fields and click “Connect to a live person.”
- If there are any issues connecting or problems with the
workstation please submit a Help Request at https://classrooms.at.ufl.edu/request/ or call the UF Computing Help Desk at (352) 392-4357.
ONLY ONE PER DAY
You may reserve a room up to two weeks in advance and book one reservation per day.
CANCEL A RESERVATION
To cancel your reservation, follow the instructions and link that is included in the LibCAL confirmation email.