ProctorU testing rooms
Thanks to a collaboration between UF Academic Technology and the Health Science Center Libraries, ProctorU testing rooms are now available in the Health Science Center Library for students seeking a space to take online ProctorU exams at https://ufl.libcal.com/reserve/individualstudyHSCL.
Location + Equipment + Features
- There are four ProctorU testing rooms located on the 2nd floor of the Library, C2-36, C2-37, C2-39 and C2-40.
- Each room has a computer workstation on the UF network, a webcam with a cord long enough to remove the webcam from the monitor and show the proctor the room, and a door that closes for testing privacy.
- If your test requires headphones or a headset, you must bring your own or you can check one out at the Information Desk on the 1st floor of the library.
- Please note: although the rooms are located in a semi-quiet area of the 2nd floor, they are not soundproof -bring your own earplugs if you find ambient noise distracting.
- Currently enrolled UF students may reserve a room up to two weeks in advance using the LibCAL reservation system: https://ufl.libcal.com/reserve/individualstudyHSCL
- If assistance is needed making a reservation, please contact the Health Science Center Library Circulation Department: 352-273-8408.
Reserve a proctored testing room
- Reserve a ProctorU Testing Room for tests that are one, two or three hours long by using the LibCAL online reservation system: https://ufl.libcal.com/reserve/individualstudyHSCL .
- It is important for you to be mindful of both preparation time and test length when determining the proper length of your booking. Please allow for an extra 30 minutes for connecting to ProctorU and setting up your online exam. For example, if your test is 2 hours long, you should reserve a 2.5 hour block of time.
- Very Important Reminder: save your LibCAL room confirmation email – you will need to show both your LibCAL & ProctorU confirmations when you pick up the room key.
Day of your exam – checking out the room and preparing for the test
- At the time of your reservation, go to the Library Information Desk on the 1st floor of the library, show the staff person your LibCAL reservation confirmation AND your ProctorU confirmation email, and check out a key to the room.
- When you login to the computer, use Google Chrome.
- Go to https://proctoru.com/testitout/ to test the setup. BE PATIENT. If you click around, you may miss the pop-ups to allow access to the microphone and camera.
- After the camera and microphone are enabled, click the big red box that says “Please enable Flash from your browser or download the latest version” to activate Flash.
- Be prepared with your Photo ID and a reflective surface.
- Close out any other applications on the computer and remove materials from the testing area.
- Download the Google Chrome Extension when promoted – https://bit.ly/proctoruchrome
- Follow the instructions of the proctor once matched.
- When done with your test, logoff the computer, gather ALL belongings, close the door and return the key to a staff member at the Circulation Desk as soon as possible so you are not charged a “late return” fine.
ONLY ONE PER DAY
You may reserve a room up to two weeks in advance and book one reservation per day.
CANCEL A RESERVATION
To cancel your reservation, follow the instructions and link that is included in the LibCAL confirmation email.
- I am on the proctoring page but don’t hear my proctor. What should I do?
- Make sure you have gone to Step 1 and clicked the ‘Click Me!’ button
- Run or save the program – if you choose save, locate the downloaded file ‘Support – LogMeInRescue’ and run it to connect to your proctor
- If you continue to experience problems, use the Live Chat feature or call 1-855-772-8678
2. I had some trouble setting up, and now it is past the time I was scheduled to start. Will I still be able to take the exam?
- Use the Live Chat feature to explain the situation. They should be able to reopen the exam for you.
3. I accidentally missed my appointment time completely. Is there anything I can do?
- You will need to repeat the process of scheduling an appointment. You will also have to pay a fee.
4. When I try to login, I get a white screen or error message. What’s happening?
- Please update your web browser to the latest version. You should be able to access the scheduling system once you have updated. If you still cannot, call 1-855-772-8678.
5. If your computer is failing the Adobe Flash check
- Click on the Lock button in the browser address bar (to the left of the ProctorU web address) and select Site Settings
- Under ‘Permissions’, change the Flash permission to ‘Allow’ in the dropdown
- Return to the Test It Out tab and refresh the page
6. If there are any issues connecting or problems with the workstation please submit a Help Request at https://classrooms.at.ufl.edu/request/ or call the UF Computing Help Desk at (352) 392-4357