Due to the ongoing concerns regarding COVID-19, and for the purpose of protecting the health of our users as well as our staff and faculty, the physical Health Science Center Library will offer limited in-person services until further notice. The virtual library is 100% open and available, and library faculty and staff are here to help.
We will still provide the majority of our services remotely, including instruction, research consultations, reference services, and digital interlibrary loan, as well as access to all of our digital collections, including journals, books, databases, and clinical tools.
Our online journal articles, books, videos, and other resources are available on our website: https://library.health.ufl.edu.
- You may request books from our collection to pick up. Use the following process:
- Search for the item you want in the library catalog
- Click the Request link next to the item call number.
- Sign in on the UF Authentication page with your GatorLink credentials.
- Library staff will locate the item and notify you via email when the item is ready for you to pick up.
- After you receive email notification that your item is ready, visit the HSC Library Information Desk during our open hours to pick it up.
- If you aren’t able to pick up books on campus, please request them through interlibrary loan instead.
- Skulls and medical equipment are available for checkout from the 1st floor desk. We are not circulating headphones, chargers, HDMI cables, scientific calculators or other technology at this time.
More Virtual Services:
- Contact your liaison librarian or our reference email for assistance. Reference and instruction will be conducted remotely via Zoom.
- Use the Libraries’ Ask A Librarian service for quick help requests.
- Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery: Requests for copies from our collections and through Interlibrary Loan will be processed, but Interlibrary Loan will be dependent on the ability of other libraries to fill them. To request document delivery or interlibrary loan, use our Interlibrary Loan form or contact your liaison librarian directly.
- Conference room reservations have been canceled; new reservations are suspended until further notice.
- Course Reserves are available at https://ares.uflib.ufl.edu. Course reserve materials will only be available electronically.
- Off-Campus Access to Electronic Materials
- Off-Campus Access to Software Applications
The Health Science Center Libraries team is committed to maintaining access to library resources, expertise, and services during the response to COVID-19.
Please email Hannah Norton if you have any questions or concerns that have not been addressed here.