HSC Library is closed until further notice
Due to the ongoing concerns regarding COVID-19, and for the purpose of protecting the health of our users as well as our staff and faculty, the physical Health Science Center Library will remain closed until further notice. The virtual library is 100% open and available, and library faculty and staff are here to help.
We will still provide the majority of our services remotely, including instruction, research consultations, reference services, and digital interlibrary loan, as well as access to all of our digital collections, including journals, books, databases, and clinical tools.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for reference help, instruction, consultations and other online services. You may also leave a voice message at 352-273-8408; we will be checking email and voice mail Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm.
Our online journal articles, books, videos, and other resources are available on our website: http://library.health.ufl.edu.
- Contact your liaison librarian or our general email above for assistance. You can find your liaison librarian at: https://library.health.ufl.edu/services/library-liaisons/ Reference and instruction will be conducted remotely via Zoom.
- Use the Libraries’ Ask A Librarian service for quick help requests: https://cms.uflib.ufl.edu/ask
- Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery: Requests for copies from our collections and through Interlibrary Loan will be processed, but Interlibrary Loan will be dependent on the ability of other libraries to fill them. Requests for loans of print materials will not be processed until the library re-opens. To request document delivery or interlibrary loan, use our Interlibrary Loan form (https://cms.uflib.ufl.edu/accesssupport/InterlibraryLoan) or contact your liaison librarian directly.
- Room reservations will be canceled; we will contact all those who have booked our conference rooms and BITS teaching lab.
- Course Reserves are available at: https://ares.uflib.ufl.edu. We are committed to ensuring access to course reserve materials electronically to the maximum extent possible.
- Off-Campus Access to Electronic Materials: https://cms.uflib.ufl.edu/offcampus
- Off-Campus Access to Software Applications: https://info.apps.ufl.edu/published
- Return of Library Materials: UF-owned books and media should be renewed online using the online renewal service accessible from “My Accounts” on the Smathers Libraries home page. If you cannot come to campus to return items, return them when you return to campus. Overdue fines will be waived.
The Health Science Center Libraries team is committed to maintaining access to library resources, expertise, and services during the response to COVID-19.
Please contact Associate Dean & Fackler Director Melissa Rethlefsen at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns that have not been addressed here.