Free open access publishing with: Cambridge University Press, The Royal Society, Microbiology Society, The Biochemical Society, and The Company of Biologists.
New Read & Publish agreements between the George A. Smathers Libraries and publishers enable UF authors to publish open access for free with Cambridge University Press, The Royal Society, Microbiology Society, The Biochemical Society, and The Company of Biologists. Discounts on article processing charges (APC) are available with a number of other journals and publishers.
Please note: the former UF Open Access Fund is on indefinite hiatus.
- Cambridge University Press
- The Royal Society
- Microbiology Society
- The Biochemical Society
- The Company of Biologists
- Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Community Development
- Open Library of the Humanities
- American Chemical Society (25%)
- BioMed Central & Springer Open (15%)
- Elsevier (10% hybrid journals, 15% gold journals) ** excludes Cell Press, The Lancet, and certain society press titles **
- Luminos (10%)
- Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute (MDPI, 10%)